At The Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP taking place on 2012 Earth, when the barriers between the world of fiction and reality disappear. What will you do, in this nexus of worlds, this crossroads of all reality?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Times Square, New York City

Go down 
+6
Eragon
Saber
Dryskim
LiaRena
Andrew
Rathborne
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryl Collins

Character Sheet
Race: Caucasian
Faction: None
Weapon: Whatever

Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

He stumbled forward, pumping his legs as he sped through the metal labyrinth of cars across the street. Very, very far in the distance he saw an insane cop literally driving over other cars to get to the monster in the even farther distance. It was some hulking thing that he'd never seen nor heard of before- wait... Oh, yeah. He had.

"A fuckin' super mutant?"

He sped on, occasionally stumbling on the debris now scattered across the ground, but he held steady. The slight smell of smoke wafted into his nose as he ran past a fire. He was scared now, but his change of heart had come from some strange and alien part of him that said, strongly,
(Move, Collins, or we'll leave you behind. Post, damnit!)
that he simply had to see this. Once in a life time? Yes. Sure, it might shorten said life time, but he'd be willing to test his shitty luck once more.

His fitted jeans ripped and tore as he sped over the asphalt, his legs getting cut up. This was probably end up a large mistake, but...

Once in a lifetime.

And, suddenly, he hit something.

"Ohfuck!" He said as his once-quick body flew forward a few feet and crashed into the asphalt, breaking his nose.

He turned his head and eyesight over, groaning and moaning from the massive pain spiking from his head, and saw a rather strange looking girl. She didn't look too bad, either... then, as this lightning-quick thought chain went on, a thought rang in his head- you ain't single. Part of him was thankful that he'd broken his nose, as that kept his testosterone from being the main event.

He'd tripped over the foot of some seemingly-awesome chick, in high tech armor, hoisting a gun Collins couldn't aim without five years of instruction. Not bad bre- you're not single! She was intense, and probably about to get pissed that he'd tripped over her foot and ruined her shot. Her long, silky blonde hair fell down to- you're not single! He hoped to god that he hadn't totally ruined her shot, because she would probably wound him (With love! No, I'm not single!) with the gun he'd messed with. And he knew enough about guns that he could summarize their effects into this: They hurt like hell, bud.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet
Race: Quarian
Faction: unaffiliated
Weapon: Breaker VII Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Lia noticed the man clinging to the beasts back with the blade of some sort plunged into its spine. She also saw the woman that seemingly vanished. She couldn't do anything from the building. She didn't have the firepower to harm it. Deciding to return to Leon, she ran back to the stairwell, quickly making her way back to the ground in minutes. Where she spotted Leon lollygagging around, "What are you doing just standing there?"
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Faction: Hellsing
Weapon: Webley I .455 revolver

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 pm

As Nova came across the man who tripped over her earlier, she snorted, "If I were you, I'd start running."

At that, she fired a couple of rounds at the Behemoth's skull before taking off once more, hoping she was able to buy time for the others to kill that monstrosity.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 am

Simmons had returned from Hell because the Malbolgia had deemed its knew Hellspawn unprepared. The hell sent soldier had been locked in a heated battle with the Italian mafia hitman, Overtkill, when everything went black.

Two mirror image people, save for different sexes, woke on opposite ends of a rooftop. Al saw Alaina and she saw him. Both were on their feet instantaneously, simultaneously shouting, "Who the hell are you?" They were in each other's faces ready to trade blows when the ground shook. In unison they spotted the large beast devastating New York, their home. Turning back, both said, "I'll deal with you later." Then each took off in direction of the creature running parallel to each other on a buildings running parallel with an alley in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet
Faction: Unaffiliated/
Weapon: Silver Ghost 9mm

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Noble Six revealed himself just as the blonde haired woman from before streaked past, the behemoth monster following, which was a positive thing...it was headed away from civilians. Except for this kid in the leather jacket two sizes too big. Six brought his MA37 up, lined up his reticule with the thing's head/eye area and let off a burst of 7.62mm lead, which might as well have been a dozen bee stings. This thing was too big to take down with coventional ordenance, they'd have to team up with the other individuals around who were 'helping' if they wanted to end this quickly.

~

Leon gave her a quick glance over his shoulder before pulling his grappel hook from his belt, odd he'd been equipped with this but not his communicator. He slung the Remington over his shoulder and turned to her, "I think I might have a plan. Not a good plan but a plan."

Once he was sure she was listening, he started talking, "Alright, I've got a grapple hook. Now, this things got decent range, and that...that..thing, is a bit too tall to try and climb conventional ways. Big, yellow, and ugly seems pretty damn tough and guns don't seem to be working," Leon maximized this point by pulling out his combat knife, light reflecting off the deadly sharp blade, "But I haven't seen too many eyeballs able to resist a good stabbing. But we'd need to draw him away from all these people, first." Well, aside from Saddler's main eye...but he wouldn't tell her about that, better to keep things positive.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet
Race: Legendary Servant
Faction: Britannia
Weapon: Excalbiur, Sword of the Lake

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Johanne took the hand, and not necessarily gently, pulled him up. She didn't phase through the wall completely, and put her hand back behind the wall. She stared at him with her green eyes, a total neutral look on her face, as if she was bored, though she wasn't. She'd have a perfect poker face, her features showing no form of emotion what so ever.

"I would suggest we find a bigger gun, or deploy a trap of some sort. We have nothing here that can punch through its defenses, lest we use melee weapons, such as your chainsaw knife, or Joyeuce. Either would employ us getting to close, and I don't think you can survive another hit like that. Though your armor is impressive, it can't stop all the damage done to you."
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Weapon: M199 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Andrew nodded, but didn't say a word. Instead reaching for his kit, retrieving a large syringe. He then slammed said syringe into his leg, injecting the fluid contents. The Stimpack worked quickly through his system, it didn't mend his wounds; but atleast it staved off the worst of the pain.

The Lone Wanderer tossed the Stimpack aside, the syringe skidding across the floor.

"Well, I suggest drowning-" Andrew was cut off by a roar from outside, but it wasn't from the Behemoth. It was the sound of a pair of massive jet engines flying overhead.

Outside a large, olive green A-10 Warthog weaved through the buildings, near the rooftop. It's 30mm 'Peacemaker' shifted, tracking the Behemoth as it passed overhead. A barrage of large caliber bullets spitting from the weapon. The all struck the Behemoth, pockmarking it's flesh like it'd been hit by a bad case of acne. The Behemoth turned away from Nova, attempting to follow the A-10. It's slow mind not quite processing the speed in which the jet moved made it impossible to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Comig towards a slight rise, Nova scanned the horizon with the naked eye, trying to find something she could trap the beast on outside the city.

There! A bridge, 200 meters out. Wait, there are civilians on that bridge - we'll have to get them clear.

Looking back at the few members of the rag-tag group atempting to hold the behemoth off, she bellowed, "Follow me!"

Any further attempts to lure the behemoth away were affected (for good or ill, she coldn't tell) as a single aircraft strafed the mutant and the giant set off, attempting to swipe the "metal bird" from the sky.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm

"I would suggest you move, then. With that armor on you, it may be slow going. You'll be needed at the fight. I hope you're faster than before. It could present a problem." She looked down at him, before fully phasing through the wall, looking at him, then back at the Behemeth. This was going to get very interesting, if not dangerous. Without a good enough weapon, this monster could not be felled. Joyeuse was one of the few Holy swords to ever exist, one of the top five ancient weapons ever created. But it was sealed just as she was, and without a Master, she could not operate at full power. The risk was to high, to much risk for herself, and the humans.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Weapon: M199 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Andrew glanced at Johanne, nodding at the woman. "I broke a few ribs, I'll probably move slower. That is, unless there is some way you can help me down?" The Lone Wanderer questioned, now positive this woman wasn't normal. With the whole walking through walls and defying gravity and shit.

The Behemoth chased the A-10 almost two hundred meters before it's mind processed it wasn't going to catch it's prey. At this point, it turned around once more. Roaring in anger. It'd already forgotten it's former foes, and the Super Mutants increased aggression levels led to it smashing everything in sight that possessed a human.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

Character Sheet
Race: Human/Elf Hybrid
Faction: Dragon Riders
Weapon: Brisingr

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Almost instantly, the figure clutching a staff with a sheathed sword appeared in a blue flash. Three green circular beams spread out from the top of the staff, healing the man, before the mage's empty hand grabbed his shoulder. The two appeared in a flash of blue on the ground around fifty metres from the monster, before the wizard disappeared in a third blue flash.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Hearing a series of roars and crashes behind her, Nova noted that the Behemoth had reverted to trashing the city and slaughtering civilians.

"What kind of thug are we dealing with here?" she fumed to herself as she took a knee on the cracked road. She slowed her breath as she brought the scoped rifle up to her eye. Finger tensing on the trigger, she fied, sending a round streaking towards the beast's skull.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

Character Sheet
Race: Human/Elf Hybrid
Faction: Dragon Riders
Weapon: Brisingr

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:59 pm

The mage now appeared behind Nova. He healed her with a quick beam and took her weapon. Enchanting it with Arcane, Electricity and Fire, Thom gave the weapon, now glowing red, purple and orange, back to her. The whole process took only two seconds, Thom smiling and finishing with:

"Should be more powerful... I prefer M Sixties though."

A flash of blue and he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Collins

Character Sheet
Race: Caucasian
Faction: None
Weapon: Whatever

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Although his dearest grandfather had told him how much better men were than women, he wasn't believing it right now. Nova's cool eyes said "get away" better than her mouth ever coul. She proved male supremacy wrong with a glance.

Now, Collins was once again watching from an alley. This one, though, was much closer. He was still watching her, just in case she were to give chase rather than threat. He couldn't be sure.

And then, Houdini appeared and made Nova's gun all "magicked up", in Collins own thoughts.

"Oh, bullshit! No ever does that to me, you know..."

Then, in the blink of an eye, Houdini was gone. Collins mouth was slightly, stupidly agape now. Then, he returned his attention to the monster that had gotted frighteningly close to him. You, the giant monster who coul flick in into dismemberment.Although his dearest grandfather had told him how much better men were than women, he wasn't believing it right now. Nova's cool eyes said "get away" better than her mouth ever coul. She proved male supremacy wrong with a glance.

Now, Collins was once again watching from an alley. This one, though, was much closer. He was still watching her, just in case she were to give chase rather than threat. He couldn't be sure.

And then, Houdini appeared and made Nova's gun all "magicked up", in Collins own thoughts.

"Oh, bullshit! No ever does that to me, you know..."

Then, in the blink of an eye, Houdini was gone. Collins mouth was slightly, stupidly agape now. Then, he returned his attention to the monster that had gotted frighteningly close to him. You, the giant monster who coul flick in into dismemberment.

Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Before Nova could let off a second shot, her rile was yanked from her gauntlets and returned within a matter of seconds before the one responsible vanished into thin air. The C20 didn't appear to be tampered with, except for a faint glowing sheen that now enveloped the weapon.

Keeping her mind on the job, she opened fire again. To her surprise, the projectile had a number of tiny flames that licked around the head of the bullet as it sped out of the barrel, though she wasn't sure whether it will have any effects on the behemoth.

Biting her bottom lip, she began backing away towards the road leading to the bridge, pausing only to punch another round into the Behemoth to keep it interested.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm

"Releasing Restriction level 4, initiating power increase until enemy has been rendered silent. Use of familiars is cleared for deployment until objective is complete." Johanne kept the holy blade, Joyeuse at her right side, the tip of the sword touching the ground. In her other hand, she held the Widly, its barrel pointed at the concrete beneath her.

Between her and the monster rushing towards her, most cars had already been abandoned, or people were hiding. Either way, hopefully, no one would die in crossfire, yet. She had to stand her ground, despite this enemy being extremely powerful, and with her powers limited. She had earned her title, and she was bound by her honor to uphold the values that were the foundation of it. If she couldn't protect these innocent, stall this creature off until the bridge could be evacuated, then she didn't have the right to use that title. She would stand and fight to the death, if need be.

She reminded herself to talk to that weird robe wearing character; she didn’t take kindly to being teleported. She’d probably just gut him and be done with it, if he was stupid enough to fight her or something.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:33 pm

With the Behemoth now lost interest in the departing fighter, it's beady eyes spotted Johanne and the others on the ground.

Lowering her rifle, Nova bellowed out of Johanne (who was further down the street), "What are you doing? Get out of there!"

Just as she broke and ran full pelt towards the bridge, the single-minded brute charged, intent on ripping any "humies" limb from limb...

Last edited by church on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Apparently the sight of a fully armored Spartan and a stunning blonde vixen had caused half of New York to cease it's running in fear and stare on in awe, oh and the pretty boy with the goofy hair, or the alien, or the vampire, or the Vault Dweller. Needless to say, people were only half heartedly fleeing at this point.

The Spartan turned and fired off a burst of distractionary fire, though he was still drawing the thing along the same path as the others, just knowing that his Sprint Armor Ability would allow him to (hopefully) outrun the monster if need be.

And yet, still, no one had decided to tell him what the plan (if their was one) was.

~

Based on the awkward continued silence, Lia didn't find the plan that attractive. Or she realized the monster was stomping away..Leon smacked himself in the face with a gloved palm, snatched up his Remington and took off at a jog following, though by this point helping the non-dead was probably more up his alley than fighting 200 foot tall beasts, he'd leave that up to Superman whenever he showed up with the Incredible Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

An abandoned vehicle crashed near Nova, bowling her to the ground and knocking her rifle out of reach. Gasping in pain and for breath, she scrambled to her feet and tried to make a beeline for her rifle, only for a shadow on the ground to overcome hers and for foul breath to be heard mere meters away. If she could not either lure this beast the last tens or so meters necessary to trap the behemoth or kill it, her lifespan could be calculated in nanoseconds...
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:21 am

She raised her sword, as well as the Widly, though she knew the gun would do little to nothing. She may die here, but she had lived a long life, though her mission was yet to be completed. She had killed so many in the name of the lord in heaven, and in the name of all that was good, though the two weren't the same all of the time.

Johannne held slight regret for the lives she had taken, and consumed, but they were all for a greater purpose, for her mission. And one day, it would be completed. And then she could die in peace, but today was no such day. This monster was a test for her resolve as a Servant, a Dame. And she had taken an oath to uphold the beliefs of this, and she would see it through to the end. There was no way she could beat this thing, not here, not like this, not with herself like this. But she would fight none the less, against odds.

The Behemoth was getting closer, it'd be on top of her soon... she prepared to do battle, maybe for the last time. Her gun was ready, and hopefully her aim would fly true, as well as her blows. Her best hope was to protect the innocent, and get the commeners out as much as possible. With this monster, she doubted she could hold it long. Joyeuse was a powerful sword, being one of the Holy swords.

But it wasn't the strongest, and was even more limited by it being bound to her weak current form. The only other swords she could have access to were Durandal, and if they were ever forged together, Curtana. The Curtana sword of Ogier the Dane was most likely the second strongest legendary sword in existence, despite it being a sword of mercy. Only Caledfwlch, otherwise known as Coldablog was stronger, being a weapon of upmost power.

But of course, only the King of Knights could ever use that weapon of light, or a descendent hither. And while it was possible she could be a descendant of him, it was doubtful at best, she was not of the Golden dragon of Kings, but the crimson one, Dracul.

So, if she faced her death, it was time to die. But she doubted that the Reaper would come today. It would come soon, she could feel its ice cold glare that was anti-life. But she knew it was not this day. But a day soon, to be sure. She rose her sword of the past, and gun of the furture, and prepared to show how a Dame fought, as well as the ferocity of a Vampire. She was prepared, waiting for the enemy to get close enough to dodge. There would be no running this day...
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 am

Lia had been thinking the plan over when she noticed the monster change course. She noticed that Leon had run off after the creature. She glanced around before running to catch up with Leon. Finally the Quarian caught up with the government agent, "You want to climb that thing? That might work."
Back to top Go down
Spawn

Spawn

Character Sheet
Race: Hellspawn
Weapon: Suit

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 am

Both Spawns were closing on the creature despite it's moving in the same direction as them. This fact just made it a little bit slower. Soon they would catch it and be able to hit it however they pleased.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Leon glanced over his shoulder, noting she'd caught up, the Agent pulled his grappling hook off his belt, "Well, unless you've got a jetpack hidden somewhere in that suit of yours, I suppose it's worth a try." Though the monster would need to be either stopped or slowed before he'd risk the manuever, their were too many things that could go wrong extremely easily, like him getting stomped to death, or getting eaten, or getten squashed, or dying of the things rancid breath. Hopefully the others could do something about that....

~

Six rolled out of the way as the behemoth stomped on the bus stop booth, flattening it to the ground. Luckily the Spartan hadn't been on the recieving end of said stomping, he would have been nothing but a splatter mark on the sidewalk. Coming out of the roll to find the blonde woman from before roughly two seconds from becoming paste, the Spartan huffed and threw down his MA37.

The rifle clattered to the floor at the same moment the Spartan activated his Sprint Module, going from an a slight crouch to a full-blown sprint in three full strides before throwing her out of the way of the behemoth, his Mark 5(B) taking the hit, the shields popping and breaking in a flash of light and sparks the rest of the damage distributing itself across the torso section, Six gritted his teeth as the force knocked him back, smashing him into a heavy concrete pillar which shattered where his armored body had connected. His movement suffiently stopped, he fell to ground, a rain of broken masonry falling on his matte gray Mark 5.

His mouth was filled with a familiar coppery taste, and he felt like he'd either A) broken his ribs or B) the biofoam had started to dissolve and his whole left side was proceeding to peal apart. But ever the realist, he figured it was probably a mix of both. Served him right for running off to play hero in his state.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Lia glanced around at the streets that had emptied out, cars abandoned in the traffic as people fled. "I hope this works."
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Picking up her rifle and sprinting the last few meters onto the bridge, Nova tried to dodge the avrious cars that were (originally) going through the outbound lane. Of course with 200 tons of bone and muscle bearing down on them, many of the citizens were getting the right idea and were running in the opposite direction in an attempt to escape.

"Get off the bridge! Get off the bridge!" she urged, gesturing wildly to the few slack jawed civilians who were rooted to the spot in terror as the Behemoth continued to bear down on the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Times Square, New York City
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next