An RP taking place on 2012 Earth, when the barriers between the world of fiction and reality disappear. What will you do, in this nexus of worlds, this crossroads of all reality?

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Times Square, New York City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Weapon: M199 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle

Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:15 pm

"Ah, nice to meet you Johanne. My name's Andrew," the Lone Wanderer replied, as he reached the bottom floor. The Knight pressed up against the wall next to the door, which had several panes of frosted glass. A set of flashing sirens flew by, which was then followed by silence. Andrew opened the door and stepped out into the street. It was odd, the SWAT Officers had disappeared.

Andrew took a left, leading Johanne down the street; using a mixture of stealth and luck to cross several blocks without being spotted by anyone. They had to have been moving for at least ten minutes before Andrew stopped in front of what looked like an old, abandoned apartment.

The Lone Wanderer tested the door, the doorknob seemed to resist. Screeching in protest from years of never being touched, before it finally groaned open. Andrew stepped into the first floor, scanning the area with his R91. It looked clear. The Knight glanced over his shoulder at Johanne, nodding at her before ascending the stairs.

Soon, they reached the top floor, which turned out to be the twelfth story. Andrew walked as far down the hall as he could, and chose the door at the very end. He tried the doorknob, it was locked. The Knight cursed under his breath, kneeling down next to the knob while pulling a bobby pin and screwdriver from his kit. Andrew twisted the bobby pin open, sticked it inside the lock while rested the head of the screwdriver inside as well. He gently began to tap the pins inside, slowly twisted the scewdriver back and forth.

"So, uhh... this may seem like an odd question, but have you ever heard of a 'Capital Wasteland'?" He questioned Johanne cautiously, trying not to sound like a goddamn psyco.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet
Race: Quarian
Faction: unaffiliated
Weapon: Breaker VII Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Lia looked him over, thinking this was getting weirder and weirder. A human who didn't know about Quarians or interstellar. "How do you not know about any of this? You're race is part of the Citadel races and yet you know nothing of all of-" She was cut off by a thunderous noise as a crash and footsteps thundered across the city. A 200 foot tall Super Mutant Behemoth destroying the city and killing the citizens as it walked.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet
Race: Legendary Servant
Faction: Britannia
Weapon: Excalbiur, Sword of the Lake

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:41 pm

"Nope. I know America has a Washington DC, but that's about it." She followed him along, keeping her hair out of her face. They were going to exit Times Square proper soon, at least, if she still remembered this city's plans. Things could change in fifty years, though she doubted this place had changed much. To be honest, they were lucky so many people were celebrating the New Year, and were drunk. Generally, no one would be seen, and if they were, they weren't bothered.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet
Faction: Unaffiliated/
Weapon: Silver Ghost 9mm

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Leon rubbed the back of his neck, she was rambling again and he had no clue what any of the gibberish meant, never mind her accent, "Right...the Citadel, yeah..uh..." This thought process was cut off by the screams of the dying and the stomping of a pair of gigantic feet, Leon's left hand pulling his coat open whilst his right went for his 9mm Silver Ghost handgun made specially for him by Joe Kendo, no need to worry about melding with the crowd with a giant monster of some sort on the loose, "That one of your alien friends come to pick you up?!"
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Lia shook her head, "I that is way to be big to be anyone I have ever come across." She reached for her assault rifle doubting it would help but she would rather have it than not. When she pulled the weapon off her back, it unfolded in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:13 pm

"Great," Leon deadpanned, before pulling off his leather jacket and handing it to Collins, "Hang onto that for me, and find somewhere to bunker down. I'll back for you once this all blows over, got it?"

~

Noble Six's gaze shifted outside the dusty windows as a massive roar ripped through the town, he'd heard stories that New York was a strange and frightening place, but he never figured he'd A) be there, B) run into some rogue assassin, or C) have a monster terrorizing the city at the same time as A and B.

Last edited by Dryskim on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Finally, the lock on the door clicked and gave away. Andrew stood up and replaced his materials, turning the knob and opening the door, stepping in with his R91 at the ready. Inside was an empty, dusty, smelly room that probably repulsed cockroaches. But it didn't seem to effect Andrew. He'd weathered worse in the Capital Wasteland.

"Well, this'll have to do..." The Lone Wanderer mumbled, glancing out of a nearby window. The ground seemed to shake a little, causing him to stumble slightly. At first he thought it was a tremor, but then he saw something moving in the distance. Between a set of buildings. The Knight audibly groaned, taking a step back. "Sonuvabitch, you have got to be kidding me."
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet
Faction: Hellsing
Weapon: Webley I .455 revolver

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm

"New York?" Nova frowned in puzzlement. " But I never-"

She was abruptly cut off as something ... or someone, she wasn't sure what it was .... roared in the distance. Her nerves tingling, she sheathed her psiblade and unlimbered her sniper rifle as she stacked up in the inside side of the nearest door out.

"What was that?" she hissed.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

Character Sheet
Race: Human/Elf Hybrid
Faction: Dragon Riders
Weapon: Brisingr

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:15 pm

"Ugh. What the fuck?" Sheppard growled in a husky voice. Alcohol had always done that to him; Every time he had sat down for a drink, he dreaded having a sore throat more than a hangover. The officer coughed and opened his eyes slowly. The first thing he saw was bright lights on his right, like some sort of feminine Las Vegas, with all of the purple and pink blurs visible. John groaned as he stood found himself in an empty office.

Around him, an oak desk stood, alongside several steel framed chairs which littered the floor, one on it's side as if someone had rushed out of the room and not bothered to go back to pick it up after knocking it over. As he traced the chair to the door he saw it was ajar. He ignored it for the second, grabbing the P90 slung over his back. Sheppard shouldered the weapon and lowered it, walking over to the tall windows in the room. The white blinds obscuring most of the light from outside were yanked upwards as he tugged on the cord hanging loosely by the window frame. The whole room was lit up in purple and pink, minus the shadows made by John himself and the furniture.

Sheppard looked out of the window curiously, to see crowds of people and screams of, what should have been joy, but instead terror. There, in the middle of what John had guessed as Times Square, a saggy, green skinned monster loomed two hundred feet over the civilians.

"What in the name of fuck is that?" John breathed, his eyes wide in astonishment. Instinctively, the officer slid the magazine out of the Submachine Gun and checked how much ammunition he had.

Fifty bullets, each headed towards any bastard who posed a threat to innocence or himself. John sprinted to the slightly open door. He pressed his back to the wall on the side of the door with the brass handle. With his left hand holding the weapon by it's grip, his right hand left the barrel of the P90 slowly pulled open the door.

Sheppard swung out through the open doorway, head cocked against the stock, looking through the custom reflex scope. A voice in his head whispered the word "clear" as he moved forward into the hallway, gripping the P90 and scanning everything in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm

"What's wrong?" Though she didn't reveal it, she had known something big was out there for a while now. Something very big and it was massacring people, destroying things. She could hear the screams, and small arms fire going off from where she was. The occasional police car siren being picked up by her ears. Whatever the hell was doing this certainly wasn't friendly, and it was eating the little time bullets. She'd need a bigger gun if she were to fight this one. But without proper supplies from Hellsing... she just hoped the National Guard got here, and quick.

If this fight got bad, she would have to resort to the use of the precious few familiars she had, as well as upping her level. This was supposed to be an easy mission, not some god damn circus. Well, when life gives you lemons, you blind life with the lemons, grab an M16, and proceed to shoot your problems to death.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Noble Six merely shrugged in response, picking his M6G up off the floor before reattaching it to his hip, his handgun in place he brought his MA37 to bear, "Whatever it is, sounds big. I don't presume you want to try and take that thing on all by yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Nova shrugged. "Until I get a visual on it, I don't know what I'm up against, .... wait, WHO are you?"
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

Character Sheet
Race: Human/Elf Hybrid
Faction: Dragon Riders
Weapon: Brisingr

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:28 pm

After taking ten minutes to single handedly check each and every one of the other eight rooms on the current floor, John made his way to the end of the corridor. There, an elevator set into the wall stood, besides a door with a sign marked "Stairway.". The elevator he was on the twenty-third floor, to which he smiled at the stairs and pressed the call button.

Leaving it behind him, John pushed open the door to the stairs and headed down them cautiously. Within minutes, the Air Force Officer was heading down the final flight of stairs, weapon up as he entered the bottom floor via another door marked "Stairway.". He moved down the empty corridor in a crouch, nearing the main entrance up ahead, which was allowing neon pink and purple light to flood the lobby.

Still slowly, John advanced down the corridor into the lobby. He was now in an open space with glass balconies on all sides on which he could be ambushed from. Then again, he wasn't actually on a mission here, so who would want to ambush him? Putting the thought behind him, Sheppard hugged the walls and aimed up at the balconies, eventually reaching the main automatic, glass doors. They slid open to welcome John, and he stepped out into the bitter night air.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm

"It's a Behemoth..." Andrew mumbled, taking a step back with an explosive sigh. Trying to decide if he should tell this woman about where he was from, he decided he wouldn't really have much choice anymore.

"Alright, listen. I'm not from here. I'm from a place called the Capital Wasteland. It's a nuclear wasteland filled with mutated shit and people that are insane. The year I was in an hour ago was 2277, and this sure as hell isn't the same year. Now, out there is a Super Mutant Behemoth. A bigass mutant that is practically resistant to small arms. I've only seen seven in the year I was out in the Wasteland. They're killable, I know that for a fact. This one is pretty damn killable too." Andrew explained rather quickly, knowing that this thing would fuck up the city unless dealt with. He left out the part about the fact that this certain yellow frankenstein was four times bigger than any Behemoth he'd killed.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Noble Six merely glanced over his shoulder, her weaponry was certainly advanced but in terms of raw power he'd win out, though he was still less than 100% due to his wounds, "Just call me Noble Six."
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Nova cocked an eyebrow at Six as she added, " "Six"? I'm guessingwe're both nameless types then."

Taking a quick glance out into the street she added, "Ghost 12-862; most prefer to call me by my alias, "Nova"."
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

"Hmmm," Six muttered to himself, taking a glance out the window as well after rubbing it clean with his gloved palm, "You don't guess the answers we're looking for are with the monster destroying downtown?"
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Interesting, she'd seen a lot. And this was something else, something outside of her very vast experience. Then again, he could be just bats hit insane, or trying to fool her. But the simple fact the "Super Mutant" was here in the big apple, and was taking a bit out of it. They'd have to move fast, though she could leave the human behind, she didn't. No point if he had knowledge she needed to use in combat that could give her an edge. Besides, if a normal human being could take on one of these things, than a high level vampire could. Expressly of opinion, however; she couldn't be too careful. Best not to get cocky, or something of that like. Never want to get taking down a few pegs that can have consequences for her in the wrong run. And getting killed was one such consequence.

She adjusted the duffel bag, laying it on the floor. She could always come back, and she had hammer space. No point in toiletries, they could bog her down. And all she had was the Wildey, and of course, her relic of the past, her old sword. Given, not effective against modern targets, but a creature that size wouldn't have a gun. She may have to go all God of War on it, in honesty. Considering that while the Wildey was using blessed holy silver rounds, their ability to harm it was up to debate. The sword on the other hand... was something special, in all regards. However, she doubted it would be enough, or so she thought. They'd need to attack its legs, but then, she was already making strategy to early. They'd need to see it so they could think out something. It was big, for one. And that wasn't necessarily a good thing for it. For them, however.... David versus Goliath came to her mind.

Johanne opened the door that had only been closed for a few minutes at most, and turned without waiting on him. She kept a quick pace going down the stairs, heading for the main exit. They'd have to move quick, and that could be a problem, considering that armor he was wearing. Well, he could go fast. Fast for a human, anyway. One of the reasons she liked to go solo on missions was because how limited humans had a tendency of being. She hated to admit it, but they were more along the lines of bothers than help.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:49 pm

"Somehow, I doubt it." Nova quipped as she rounded the corner of the door and disappeared as she activated her psionic cloaking once again. Footsteps could be heard clicking against the pavement as the Ghost began to make her way towards the cacophany of sounds in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Apparently she hadn't touched upon his slightly sarcastic tone, and instead she turned invisible...thankfully, his motion tracker was still operational though the sea of civilians caused a ton of phantom dots. But one dot was moving consistantly towards the roaring and destruction, indictating his invisible 'friend'.

The Spartan tucked and rolled as he landed, his armor cracking the pavement beneath him. Jumping from a second story window to the ground had a habit of doing that, thankfully the sudden force wasn't as painful as it had been when he first arrived and he was greatful. Because it seemed, whatever this thing was...he'd end up having to fight it to some degree.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Lia passed Leon and made her way out of the alley into a the main roadway. Now that she was out of the enclosed alley, she could see it. The creature was a huge yellow beast. She was more than intimidated, she was kind of terrified. She had no idea what to do against such a creature. They had no weapon large enough to bring it down.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Andrew turned as the woman left the room, she was pretty fast. Faster than he was,, but that may have been due to his T-45D Power Armor. He could dislocate a man's jaw with a slap when he had it on, but it still weighed 45 pounds.

The Lone Wanderer broke into a brisk jog after Johanne, closing the door to the apartment behind him. He tried to recall all the Behemoths he killed, and how he killed them. Three had been with a Fat Man Launcher, two had been with Alien Weaponry. One had been with his R91, and the last he'd killed from pure luck and use of the materials at hand.

The Knight tried to think of ways to kill this thing. If it was that large, it could probably take any ballistics thrown at it. It still needed oxygen to breath, and New York City WAS in a harbor. That gave them the drowning option. A Super Mutant's eyes were one of it's main weakspots he'd go for, along with it's armpits and mouth. If they could drop a building on it, then put a couple hundred rounds into it's eyes then they'd be good.

Of course, they could always just drop a MOAB on it, but that'd result in heavy civillian casualties. Which was unacceptable for Andrew. If only he had the MIRV, he could blow this thing apart.

The Lone Wanderer caught up with Johanne, mostly. Shrugging the panicked thoughts from his mind. He'd improvise, adapt and overcome like he always had. He wasn't worried about succeeding, just about limiting civvie casualties at this point.
Back to top Go down
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Leon followed the alien girl out into the street, well, he assumed she was girl. Her voice indicated as much...but she had some nifty folding laser gun of some sort, which implied military training of some sort..thankfully she hadn't tried using that thing on him.

Leon rounded the corner, "Ah, shit."
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 pm

"Alright. So, what exactly can you do? What are you good at?" She rounded a corner. By the time this little conversation would be over, they'd hit the fight. And she would need to know what he could do before hand.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:34 pm

Lia glanced over at Leon and back to the creature. "How the hell are we supposed to take down that thing? The bosh'tet must be 200 feet tall."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times Square, New York City   Times Square, New York City - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Times Square, New York City
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next